The kitchen is always the heart of the home and encouraging your children to help with cooking and baking will bring your family together to create valuable memories that last a lifetime. Boutique Bake is here to help you get creative with your budding bakers by giving you stress-free tips on getting them involved and ensuring it’s a fun experience.
So get out the miniature aprons and let’s get baking family style!
Catherine Buggy of Boutique Bake offers her top tips for baking with your kids:
- Play dress up: Buy them their own little aprons, chef hats and miniature tools like whisks and spatulas to ensure they look and feel the part. Not only will this get them into character but they will look adorable in them too!
- Don’t overcomplicate it: Keep the recipes simple and stress-free by using Boutique Bake’s cake mixes, which are easy to make and are free from artificial flavours, additives or preservatives.
- Plan ahead: Preparation is key. Gather all of your ingredients, line your baking tray and switch on the oven. This will save time and ensure your baking session runs smoothly.
- Counter height: Ensure your kids are counter height so they can get stuck in and witness all the action. They will feel like they’re adding a special touch to each recipe if they can see what is going on.
- Keep it upbeat: Don’t worry about the mess in the kitchen – the memories will last much longer. Put some music on, relax and sing some songs together for added fun.
- Delegate jobs: Let your children do the small jobs such as stirring the mixture, pouring the ingredients into the mixing bowl or measuring ingredients out. That way they will feel like they are contributing.
- Weekly recipe scrapbook: Make things interesting for your kids by letting them choose one recipe each week. Get a scrapbook and paste in the recipes they love as well as photographs of them baking or of the finished product.
- Embrace the imperfections: If your bake turns out with some imperfections – embrace it. It’s the taste that counts. Just remember not to get worked up about a broken egg…. or two!!
Boutique Bake’s range of products and recipes are all child-friendly and are perfect for a weekend bonding activity! Boutique Bake is available nationwide in Tesco, Dunnes Stores and SuperValu along with Donnybrook Fair, Avoca, Morton’s and other specialist food stores.
Check out these kid friendly recipes using Boutique Bake products:
For more information on Boutique Bake products and / or recipes visit: