Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These delicious oatmeal cookies are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. They’re also really easy to make so they’re perfect for baking with the kids.
- 115g butter, softened
- 100g granulated white sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 135g oats
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C Fan Assisted and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with both sugars until combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat just until mixed and batter is smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt, and mix just until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the oats, dried cranberries and chocolate chips, and beat just until well mixed.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop, scoop (2 tbsp) portions of cookie dough and drop mounds onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving at least 5cm space between each cookie to allow them to spread while baking. Tip: If using a cookie dough scoop, you will get exactly 16 cookies, so arrange 8 dough balls onto each baking tray.
- Lightly flatten each cookie dough mound with your hand or a spatula. Run your hand or spatula under water first so that the cookie dough doesn’t stick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, just until the cookies are golden brown around the edges. The centres will still be a little soft, but they will firm up once cooled, leaving a lovely chewy centre.
- Cool on a wire rack, then enjoy.