Carbery Cracker cheese is kicking off 2021 with a fresh new look.
Not only do we love the taste of Carbery Cracker we also love the size of the block making it easy to chop for kids snacks and perfect for grating.
Here are our top 5 homeschooling Carbery Cheese lunch ideas.
5. Easy Pita Pizzas
Light lunch, afternoon snack, or just getting that quick pizza fix, these easy pita pizzas are just that, easy, and tasty too. These are simply topped with cherry tomatoes, basil and a balsamic glaze, but use any of your favourite pizza toppings as you like.
- Pita bread
- Tomato pizza sauce
- Carbery Cracker White, grated
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Turn on oven grill to medium to heat up.
- Place pita on a baking tray then spread 2-3 tbsp pizza sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated Carbery Cracker cheese then arrange cherry tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf and grill until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and use a lifter to transfer pita pizza to a board or plate. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar glaze then top with 3-4 fresh basil leaves. Enjoy while hot.
4. Cheese, Ham & Tomato Roll
Nothing’s better than a fresh crusty roll filled with cheese, ham and tomato!
- 1 crusty roll (or other roll of your choice)
- Lettuce or spinach
- Carbery Cracker Red cheese, sliced
- 2 slices ham
- 2-3 slices tomato
- Sea salt flakes & pepper
- Cut roll in half horizontally then spread one half with mayonnaise and the other with butter.
- On top of bottom half of roll arrange lettuce leaves, sliced of cheese, ham and tomato.
- Sprinkle very lightly with a little bit of salt and pepper then sandwich together with top of roll.
3. Cauliflower Cheese Bites
2. Cheesy Chicken & Pesto Quesadillas
An easy cheesy lunch idea and you can fill these quesadillas with your favourite fillings.
- 2 large wraps
- 1-2 tbsp Green pesto
- Handful grated Carbery Cracker White cheese
- Leftover chicken breast, sliced or shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat then drizzle with about ½ tsp olive oil.
- Spread a wrap with pesto then place in the pan pesto side up. Sprinkle with about half of the cheese.
- Arrange chicken and tomato slices on top, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place the second wrap on top.
- Lower heat to medium and cook until the underside of the bottom wrap starts to toast to a golden brown and the cheese is starting to melt inside.
- Using a large spatula, carefully flip the quesadilla over and continue to cook until golden brown underneath.
- Remove from heat and cut into 4 wedges with a sharp knife. Serve immediately.
- 2-3 Carberry Red Cheese Sandwiches
- 2-3 Chicken Mayonnaise & Spinach Sandwiches
- 5cm round Pastry Cutter
- 4-6 thick slices Cucumber, cut into quarters
- For the face
- ½ Tomato
- 1 slice Carbery Red Cheese
- 2 capers
- 1 toothpick
- For the body of the snackapillar, use a pastry cutter to stamp out 4 circles from each sandwich. Arrange stamped out circles on a serving board in an “S” shape, standing them up on their side and alternating between the 2 fillings to create a striped pattern. Tip: You can use a few toothpicks to help keep them standing upright and secure, if needed.
- Place the cucumber quarters in pairs on either side of the body for the legs.
- For the face, cut the toothpick in half and stick both halves into the skin-side of the tomato to secure the eyes onto.
- Cut two round circles from the slice of cheese, then stick the circles onto the toothpicks, finish off with a caper on each one.
- Place the tomato face at the one end of the snackapillar then serve!