We have teamed up with Michelle Hunt aka Peachy Palate to create a mini series of quick and easy recipes with simple step by step videos. Subscribe to our YouTube channel here to see the videos as soon as they go live!
This week check out how to make Michelle’s 3 Ingredient Microwave Chocolate Brownie. This is a single serve gooey chocolate brownie. Naturally sweetened, made with just three simple ingredients, these brownies are truly magical. Mash, mix, microwave, melt a little chocolate on top if desired and dig in! You can use almond, cashew or peanut butter (we know peanut butter is not technically a nut!) or you can use sunflower seed butter for someone with a nut allergy.
3 Ingredient Microwave Chocolate Brownie
- 100g ripe banana, well mashed
- 20g nut butter of choice
- 15g cocoa or raw cacao powder (use cocoa powder for a more chocolatey taste)
- 1 square chocolate of choice or 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tsp coconut flour (optional, for a cakier brownie)
- Mix together banana and nut butter with a fork on a plate
- Place into a small bowl with the cocoa powder and mix well to combine. Add in coconut flour (if using)
- Fold in chocolate chips if using
- Grease a small ramekin with cooking spray
- Place the brownie mixture into the ramekin. If using a square of chocolate press into the centre of the batter
- Cook on high in the microwave for 60 – 90 seconds depending on desired level of doneness
- Top with a little ice-cream or yogurt, or serve as is, just be sure to let it cool for a minute or two before eating.
- These will firm up if left in the fridge to a fudge-like consistency.
Getting to know Michelle:
“I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish.
Fuelled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences.
Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite some time. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs.
One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie…
“Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child
Life, love and food!“