Dubliner Cheesy Garlic Potato Gratin
This is the perfect Christmas side dish. A delicious dish packed with potatoes, Dubliner Vintage Cheese and garlic – what’s not to love! This tastes great the next day.
- Butter, for greasing
- 500ml cream
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 5-6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 200g Dubliner Vintage Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan assisted. Generously butter a baking dish (approx. 20cm x 20cm / 25cm x 25cm). Set aside.
- In a large jug, mix together the cream, garlic, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- To assemble the gratin, arrange a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the buttered dish, then arrange slices of onion on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with a handful of the grated Dubliner cheese. Repeat these steps so that you have 3 layers of each.
- Arrange a final layer of potato on top then carefully pour the cream mixture over the potatoes, pour slowly so that the cream pours through the gaps and doesn’t overflow. Tip: Don’t worry if the gratin is sitting right to the top of your dish, or even slightly above, it will settle down as it cooks.
- Finally, sprinkle the top with remaining Dubliner cheese. Cover with tinfoil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove the tinfoil and continue baking for another 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender enough that you can easily pierce with a sharp knife.
- Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- This dish can be prepared ahead and kept in the fridge wrapped with clingfilm for 1-2 days before baking.
This recipe is sponsored by Dubliner Cheese