Keeling’s Grilled Blackberry & Cheese Sandwich
This is a lunch time winner that kids and adults will love. The best thing is they are super quick and easy to make.
- 350 g Keelings blackberries
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- Olive oil
- 8 slices Edam cheese
- In a shallow dish, mash blackberries with a fork then stir in chopped basil, salt & pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan or large skillet over medium heat. Brush one side of the bread with olive oil. Turn 4 of the slices over and lay a slice of cheese on the bread.
- Spread a few tablespoons of smashed blackberry mixture on top of the cheese, then lay another slice or cheese on top.
- Finally, place the remaining bread on top, the side brushed with olive oil should be facing up. Lower heat to medium low and carefully arrange sandwiches in the pan or skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden, then carefully turn sandwiches over and cook further 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cut in half and enjoy while still warm.