Breakfast is literally breaking the fast… After a nights sleep our body is running on empty and we need to supply the body with fuel to provide energy for the day ahead. Including a healthy breakfast daily will help give your little one energy for play and fuel the brain to help learning. In fact research showed that eating a regular healthy breakfast results in improved behaviour and performance in school!
These delicious granola breakfast tarts will make a great to start to the day. Get the little ones involved in adding their own toppings.
Keelings Granola Breakfast Tarts
- 135 g Rolled oats
- 100 g Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 75 g Coconut oil, melted
- 85 g Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the filling:
- Nautral yogurt
- Mixed Keelings berries
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 140°C fan assisted
- Mix together the ingredients for the tart shells until all the ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Press about 3 tbsp of the granola mixture into 8 mini tart tins. Press down well with your fingertips or the back of a spoon, going to the sides of the tin.
- Bake until golden, 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press down the bottom of the tart shells with the back of a spoon as they will puff up while baking. Leave to cool completely before carefully removing shells from the baking tins.
- To serve, fill each tart shell with yoghurt then top with fresh Keelings berries. Serve immediately.