Rocky Road Ice-Cream Bombe
Crunchy nuts, soft marshmallows, creamy chocolate, sweet
ice-cream. This dessert has it all! And the best part? It’s so easy to make and can be prepared up to 3 weeks in advance!
For the ice-cream:
- 1l vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 250ml ready-made custard
- 100g toasted pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 75g mini marshmallows
- ½ packet chocolate sandwich biscuits, filling removed and roughly broken
For the base:
- ½ packet chocolate sandwich biscuits, filling removed, ground to crumbs
- 55g unsalted butter, melted
- 75g milk chocolate, gently melted OR “crackin'” hard setting chocolate ice-cream sauce
- Sprinkles of choice
- Line a 2l pudding bowl with a few layers of clingfilm, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together softened ice-cream with custard until mostly mixed. Add the pecans, chocolate chips, marshmallows and broken cookies and fold in to mixture. Pour ice-cream mixture into prepared bowl and freeze for at least 3 hours to set.
- For the base, mix together biscuit crumbs with melted butter. Spread over the top of the set pudding and press down with the back of a spoon or spatula. Cover pudding and return to freezer for about 10 minutes to set. (Tip: At this stage, you can leave it frozen for up to 3 weeks before turning out and decorating to serve.)
- To serve, turn pudding out of bowl and peel away clingfilm. Pour melted chocolate or chocolate sauce over the top and decorate with sprinkles while chocolate is still slightly wet.
- Will keep for up to 3 weeks in the freezer.