Siúcra’s Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans make a great last minute gift idea
Makes 1 gift
- 500g pecan nuts or pecan halves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp (45g) Siúcra rich dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp chipotle
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
- Gently melt together the butter, dark brown sugar, stirring with a spatula.
- Add the chipotle, cinnamon and salt to the pan.
- Pour in the maple syrup last and mix well.
- Spread the pecan nuts out on the lined baking tray and pour over the sticky sauce. Mix well with a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
- When the nuts come out of the oven, give them a good stir.
- Allow the nuts to cool on the tray for a few minutes before serving. Or cool completely before packaging up as a gift.
For more information on Siúcra products and / or recipes visit: www.siucra.ie