THE GREAT IRISH FOODIE QUIZ 2014 in aid of DOWN SYNDROME IRELAND
Wednesday October 8th 7.30PM
Bord Gais Energy Theatre, Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2.
Calling all food nerds. It’s back, the food event of the year….. the 5th Annual Great Irish Foodie Quiz. Once again all the proceeds will go directly to Down Syndrome Ireland. Last year, Aine Maguire’s annual event raised more than €6k in just a few short hours of fun and fierce competition. The four-person teams made up of representatives from the food community, restaurants, hotels, PR Companies, blogging world, chefs and general greedy guts will once again battle it out to be the best!
Prizes for the event are pouring in with top prizes coming from long-time supporters – see full list below.
Bookings are being accepted now for teams of 4 (not 5 and definitely not aided by Siri!) The team price is €100 which must be paid on booking, and make sure to choose your team name as you’ll need to enter it on the booking form! Only pre-booked and pre-paid teams are accepted on the night.
To book and pay for your team visit www.mycharity.ie/event/aine_maguires_event
All payments go directly to the Down Syndrome Ireland charity!
If you can’t make the quiz, please feel free to donate directly to the charity via the same link.
Pat Clarke CEO of Down Syndrome Ireland will attend the event this year to explain how the money raised to date has helped the work of the charity so far, and into the future.
· A two night Bed & Breakfast stay in a Deluxe Seaview Room in The Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore, Co. Waterford. Here you will find seaside luxury and fine dining. Check out the superb Michelin starred restaurant headed up by award winning chef Martin Kajuiter. www.thecliffhousehotel.com
· Chapter One Restaurant on Dublin’s Parnell Square have donated a voucher to the value of €150.00. This Michelin starred restaurant combines a relaxed down to earth atmosphere in understated luxury with the very best that Irish food can offer. www.chapteronerestaurant.com
· Dinner for 2 with Bubbles, Fine Wines and Coffee at Dublin’s newest hippest spot…..Artisan Parlour & Grocery in Ringsend Village. This is the newest venture of former nightclub impresario Martin Thomas. Food reviews to date have been glowing.
· Two nights in a suite in The Twelve Hotel, Galway with a masterclass in wine from General Manager and award winning sommelier Fergus O’Halloran. The Twelve Hotel is the only Irish hotel to win the Wine Spectator Award for five years running, along with numerous other awards for their excellent wine list. www.thetwelvehotel.ie
· A flavour packed hamper of tongue tingling treats from Green Saffron including their new range of award winning curry sauces along with firm favourites like Tantalizing Tikka, Blissful Bombay Aloo and Rambunctious Red Lentil Dahl to name but a few!
· Two nights in Knockranny House Hotel, Westport including tasting menu at La Fougere restaurant overseen by award winning chef Seamus Commons www.knockrannyhousehotel.ie
· A Cookery Demonstration in the world famous Ballymaloe Cookery School followed by lunch for 2 at the school itself.
· A hamper of delightful foodie goodies from the Ballymaloe Shop at Ballymaloe House
· 2 x Grainstore Tickets for the Kerrygold Ballymaloe Literary Festival of Food & Wine (May 2015)
· 2 x VIP Tickets to the now sold out Jools Holland show at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre with dinner in the Circle Club before the show.
· 2 x VIP Tickets to Elf at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre.
· A hamper of handmade porcine goodies from 4th generation Craft Butcher Ed Hick.