This combination of Italian flavours and textures makes this a healthy and summery salad – almost too good to eat. I Love Cooking has teamed up with renowned chef Catherine Fulvio for our very first Chef Recipe Series which will feature 7 recipe videos with Catherine. Watch the video on how to make her Beetroot Prosciutto Salad With Orange Dressing here. To watch all of Catherine’s recipes from her collection subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Beetroot Prosciutto Salad with Orange DressingAdd to My Cookbook
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Olive oil, for frying
- 100g prosciutto di Parma
- 100g French beans, sliced diagonally into thirds
For the dressing:
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- General bunch of rocket or your favourite lettuce and spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
- 2 beetroot, steamed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped, to garnish
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry off the strips of prosciutto di Parma until crispy. Set aside on a clean plate.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and blanch the French beans for 3 minutes until slightly tender. Drain and refresh by placing in cold water.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk the chilli, oil, mustard and orange juice and zest together. Add a pinch of sugar to taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To assemble the salad, place the rocket leaves or your choice of lettuce leaves on a large platter and arrange the beetroot in between. Spoon some of the dressing over and pour the rest into a small jug to serve on the side. Lightly break up the crispy prosciutto di Parma and arrange on top. Sprinkle over the toasted hazelnuts.