Chicken & Mushroom Pot Pie. A great family dish. A beautiful filling of chicken and mushroom topped of with a crispy puff pastry.
Chicken & Mushroom Pot PieAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 tbsp of oil (sunflower or olive oil)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked off
- 1 clove garlic
- 500g chicken breast, diced into chunks
- 250g mushrooms
- 300ml chicken stock
- 100g sour cream
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tsp cold water (mixed into a paste)
- 3 Tbsp frozen peas
- 1 sheet of roll puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, for glaze
- Heat a pan and add oil to the pan. Add the finely diced onion and cook for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and thyme to the pan and add the chicken. Fry the chicken is golden but not cooked through.
- Add mushrooms and a further tablespoon of oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180 fan
- In the pan add the stock, sour cream and peas.
- Add cornflour mix and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to a pie dish.
- Place the puff pastry over making a lid a cutting off any excess.
- Glaze the pastry with the egg. Then place in the oven and bake for 30 mins until the pastry is puffed and golden.