Chickpea Quinoa Burger – Many veggie burgers are dry and tasteless, but these ones are bursting with flavour.They’re super quick to make, particularly if you use leftover quinoa. I love them paired with chunky guacamole or salsa and a crunchy green salad. Elsa Jones cookbook ‘Goodbye Sugar’
Chickpea Quinoa BurgerAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup (approx. 200g) cooked chickpeas (if tinned, rinse and drain)
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice (I prefer lime)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or paprika
- 1–2 tablespoons flour of your choice, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice for frying
- green salad
- To serve: guacamole or salsa (optional)
- Place all the ingredients except the flour and oil into a food processor and pulse until well combined and fairly smooth.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a chopping board as well as your hands. Scoop up some of the burger mixture and shape into the size of a golf ball, then press gently to make a burger shape. Continue until you have made six equal-sized burgers. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- When ready, heat a large pan over a medium heat and drizzle in the oil. Cook the burgers for about 4 minutes on each side, until light golden brown.
- Serve with a green salad for a tasty and filling lunch or dinner. These also work well paired with guacamole or salsa.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021