Chocolate Almond Protein Amazeballs. These balls of tasty, nutritious goodness are the perfect way to restore energy levels and repair torn muscle fibres after a workout. I often pop a couple into a small airtight container to enjoy after a weights session or a Pilates class. I use raw vegan protein powder and include antioxidant-rich raw cacao to help fight the damaging free radicals that we all produce through strenuous exercise, while the raw almond butter gives you a boost of fibre and skin-friendly fats, vitamin E and beauty minerals. Guilt-free snacking at its best! This recipe is from Rosanna Davison’s ‘Eat Yourself Beautiful’ cookbook.
Chocolate Almond Protein AmazeballsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 scoops of chocolate flavour Sunwarrior raw vegan protein powder (the vanilla flavour works too)
- 6 tbsp raw unsalted smooth almond butter
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 1/2–4 tbsp liquid sweetener, such as pure organic maple syrup, organic coconut nectar or raw local honey (if not vegan)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 3–4 tbsp cacao powder
- 3–4 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Place the protein powder, almond butter, cacao powder, sesame seeds, liquid sweetener, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Add the almond milk one tablespoon at a time, mixing all the ingredients with your hands until the ‘dough’ begins to stick together but doesn’t get too wet. Roll the mixture into 11 or 12 balls in the palms of your hands until well rounded and smooth.
- Put the cacao powder and desiccated coconut in two separate bowls. Roll the balls around in one or the other until well coated.
- Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve. These can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.