Creepy Spider Cupcakes. The children will love to make these and it will keep them busy for a good while, measuring, mixing and decorating. Created by Catherine Fulvio for Whirlpool
Creepy Spider CupcakesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
For the cupcakes:
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g self raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp milk
For the vanilla butter cream:
- 90g butter, softened
- 180g icing sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- 12 cupcake cases
- Black licorice strings or wheels
- 24 “smarties” for eyes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- To make the cupcakes, cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the beaten eggs. Fold in the flour, add the cocoa powder and carefully stir in the milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or when a skewer is inserted into the centre it should come out clean. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- To make the butter cream, cream the butter, icing sugar and cocoa together until smooth.
- When the cupcakes are cool, spread the cupcakes or pipe the chocolate butter cream over the top.
- To decorate, cut the liquorice into 8 x 4cm equal lengths and place 4 on each side and place 2smarties for “eyes”.
- Tip: Add 2 tbsp chopped walnuts and 1 tbsp of white chocolate drops into the cupcake mixture.