This is a dish that adults will enjoy just as much as the kids!
Fish FingersAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 280g hake fillet
- 2 eggs
- 80g plain flour
- 120g fine white breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Sunflower oil
- 1 lemon
- Cut the hake fillet in to chunky strips.
- Whisk the eggs and pour into a shallow dish. In another shallow dish add breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Pour flour onto another shallow dish.
- Pat the fish with kitchen paper. Then dip into the egg, then coat in the flour back into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs making sure the fish is completely covered.
- Using a wok or a deep frying pan add sunflower oil filling it half way. Heat oil to a medium heat. Start to deep fry the fish in batches. Make sure the fish sizzles when it goes in otherwise it will not be crispy when it’s cooked. Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden. Turn the fish half way through.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- For a healthier option preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. On a wire rack, place all the fish and place in the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes until golden. Make sure to turn them half way through cooking.