Minty Hot Chocolate. Something to warm your fingers and toes, a lovely hot mug of minty hot chocolate made with real chocolate, milk and crushed candy canes. Watch the video here
Minty Hot ChocolateAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2-3 peppermint flavoured candy canes
- 500ml milk
- 80g good quality dark chocolate, grated
- Marshmallows and extra candy canes to serve
- Place 2 or 3 candy canes in a freezer bag, close the bag then use a rolling pin or heavy pot or pan to break and crush the candy canes.
- Place milk in a saucepan and heat just until it starts to boil around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Divide grated chocolate between 2 mugs and add 1 generous tbsp of the crushed candy canes to each. Fill mugs with hot milk to about halfway then stir with a spoon until chocolate has melted. Fill each mug almost to the top with remaining hot milk, give a quick stir, then top with marshmallows. Sprinkle with leftover crushed candy cane (if you have leftover), and finally, add a whole candy cane to each mug.
- Serve immediately.
- Depending on the size of your candy canes, 1 candy cane equals roughly 1 tbsp crushed candy cane. Easily double or triple the recipe to serve more.