Oatmeal Salsa created by Mary Flahavan for Flahavan’s
Oatmeal SalsaAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 75g Flahavan’s Pinhead Oatmeal
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli chopped with seeds
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes chopped (skin removed)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs e.g. coriander
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onions for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the pinhead oatmeal and cook for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice and chilli to the pot.
- Add the 2 tins of tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, herbs and sugar to the pot. Season well. Cook over medium heat for 20 – 25 minutes until the sauce reduces and the pinhead oatmeal softens. Add water if required.
- Leave to cool before serving.