This fresh, vibrant soup is made special with the addition of salty ham.
Pea & Ham SoupAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 30g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium leek, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 750g frozen petit pois peas
- 1.5 litres chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 170g leftover cooked ham, cut finely
- Salt & pepper
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the onion and leek, cook gently until they are soft then add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Then add the stock and most of the peas keep some for serving.
- Cook for approx 7 minutes. Blend the mix using a food processor or hand blender.
- Then add the cooked ham and remaining peas, season with salt and pepper and cook through for 5 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with mint leaves and some ham.