Ultimate party food, best prepared the day ahead.
Pulled Pork BunsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermed..
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 pork shoulder joint (bone left in)
- 5 floury baps
For the sauce:
- 140g ketchup
- 90ml cider vinegar
- 25g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- salt & pepper
- Combine chilli powder, salt, garlic granules, pepper and mustard powder together. Then rub the spices all over the pork shoulder. Ensure the pork is completely covered in the mix by pressing the spices into the meat.
- Sear the meat in a frying pan to seal it.
- Place in an oven proof dish and cover it with tin foil.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas mark 2.
- Cook in the oven for 8-9 hours. For the last 30 minutes remove the foil.
- Allow to rest for 30mins.
- While the meat is cooking start work on the sauce.
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer gently over a medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pull the warm meat apart with a fork.
- If making ahead of time, drizzle meat with sauce and allow to cool. Reheat before serving.
- Then place the shredded pulled pork into the floury baps.
- Drizzle with the sauce and serve with coleslaw.