Quick Brown BreadAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.3 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 350g self-raising brown flour
- 110g self-raising white flour
- 25g bran
- 25g pinhead oatmeal
- 25g wheat germ
- 25g caster sugar
- 425ml sour or fresh milk
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Grease a 23cm x 11cm (9 x 4 ½ inch) loaf tin.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the milk and oil together in a jug. Make a well in the centre of the flour mix, pour the liquid and mix from the centre out with a wooden spoon until you have a soft dough.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the centre of the oven for about 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Note: If you don’t have any self raising flour, mix half a teaspoon of bread soda (without any lumps) into the flour and use sour milk only.