Courtesy of Diabetes Federation Ireland
Steak with madeira and mushroom sauceAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 pieces lean rump or sirloin (each weighting approx. 150g)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 350g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 2 x 30g sachets dried madeira wine gravy (made according to pack instructions)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the garlic and mushrooms and fry for 4–5 minutes until cooked.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Heat the same frying pan until hot and cook the steaks for 1–2 minutes on each side.
- You will probably need to do this in batches so transfer to a plate while cooking the others.
- Then return all the steaks to the pan with the mushrooms.
- Heat and add the brandy, cook for 30 seconds then stir in the Madeira wine gravy. Season with pepper.
- Heat through and serve with plenty of vegetables and potatoes.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021