Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Smokey Barbecue Spices – These tasty sweet potato “fries” are flavoured with a delicious smoky barbeque spice mix, and as they’re baked, are definitely a healthy option. These are particularly appealing to kids when made curly with a spiral veggie slicer.
Sweet Potato FriesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean and patted dry
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp mild chilli powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6
- Use a spiral vegetable slicer to cut sweet potato into curly spirals using the large spiral attachment. Alternatively, cut into regular skinny fry slices with a sharp knife.
- Spread sweet potato out onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, about 2-3 tbsp. Toss lightly to coat the sweet potato. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, gently tossing sweet potato halfway through baking. The sweet potato will be tender and the ends will start to crisp up and become charred.
- While the fries are baking, combine all spices and seasonings together in a small bowl and toss until well combined. Once the fries have finished baking, remove from oven and scatter seasoning mix over while still hot. Enjoy.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021