Thumbprint Cookies – Super easy cookies that are fun to make and tasty to eat!
Thumbprint CookiesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 220g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberry or raspberry jam
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan assisted/gas 4 and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar just until it looks creamy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and stir in until you get a soft dough.
- Scoop a bit of dough and gently roll it in your hands to make a small ball about 2½ cm across. Place on the baking sheet. Do this for all the dough. Make sure to leave at least 4 adult-sized fingers between each cookie because they will spread while baking.
- Wet your thumb and press to make a little dip in each cookie.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of jam into each dip.
- Bake cookies until golden brown around the edges, about 13-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on baking trays on wire racks, then enjoy!
- Tip: For something special, while cookies are still warm, sprinkle each cookie with mini white chocolate stars.