Spice up your Sunday roast with this yummy alternative to an average roast chicken – Indian Roast Chicken.
Indian Roast ChickenAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp tandoori paste
- salt & pepper
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To serve: mint raita and mango chutney
- In a bowl, mix the butter and tandoori paste together. Rub all over the chicken, inside and out, cover and leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5. Place the chicken in a roasting tin and scatter the potato chunks around it, sprinkling with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place the lemon inside the chicken carcass.
- Roast for 1 ½ hours, basting every 30 minutes or so. If the chicken starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Check that the chicken is cooked by piercing the thigh; if the juices run clear, it is cooked.
- Allow the chicken to rest for at least 20 minutes, keeping the potatoes warm in a low oven. Serve with mint raita and mango chutney.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021