Sticky Grilled Bananas with Cream – This handy little paleo-friendly recipe is great to use when your sweet tooth kicks in and you want to satisfy it quickly! Lightly cooked bananas that are covered in sticky honey, served with cool coconut cream, and for a bit of crunch, chopped pecan nuts finish it off
Sticky Grilled Bananas with CreamAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 small tin coconut cream, chilled
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 bananas, sliced in half lengthways
- Pinch of salt
- 2-4 tbsp honey
- Handful pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- Place a non-stick saucepan over medium heat and leave to heat up.
- While pan is heating, empty contents of the coconut cream tin into a medium sized bowl and whisk with an electric beater until it has thickened slightly, but is still pourable. Leave in the fridge until needed.
- Increase the heat of the pan to medium high and add the coconut oil, once melted and starting to sizzle, carefully lay the bananas in the pan cut side up. Sprinkle each banana slice with a few grains of salt, this really brings out the flavour, then drizzle the honey on and around the bananas.
- Leave them to cook for 30-40 seconds, just until they've browned underneath, but they're still quite firm.
- Carefully remove the bananas from the pan with a spatula or fish slice and arrange two slices on each plate, browned side up. Sprinkle with pecan nuts and a drizzling of the coconut cream. Serve immediately.
- You can also cut the banana into slices at an angle, cook only on the one side, then serve in small bowls.