It’s that time of year again when children gather for some tasty treats and scary stories. Stemming back to 18th century Ireland, Halloween became a day for playing pranks like blocking doors with carts, removing gates, throwing vegetables at doors and covering chimneys with turf!
Today, Halloween is celebrated over the world and is one of the most anticipated events in the yearly calendar.
So dust off those caldrons and get stirring with your broomstick with some Halloween concoctions brought to you by Keelings.
Keelings Dragon Punch
- 1 Punnet Keelings blueberries
- 1 Punnet Keelings strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1.5 litre cranberry juice chilled
- 1 litre of lemonade
- Ice cubes – to serve
- Place blueberries and strawberries in a large bowl
- Add the cranberry juice
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavours to develop
- Stir the punch through & add lemonade and ice
Keelings Little Green Monsters
- 5 green apples
- 2 punnets Keelings strawberries
- Cup of almonds
- “Eyeball” lollipops – available in good retail stores nationwide for Halloween
- Peanut butter or chocolate spread or jam
- Cut the apples into five pieces
- Cut each piece in the shape of a mouth
- Spread some peanut butter, chocolate spread or jam into the mouth of the apples
- Half the strawberries and place them into the apples mouth
- Add the almonds onto the roof of the apples mouth
- Cut the lollipop stick midway and add two eye popping lollipops per apple – and voila you have a Keelings Little Green Monster
- 75g cooked beetroot
- Handful of Keelings raspberries
- 1 banana
- 200mls water
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend
- Serve and enjoy the “blood”
So, why not change frightful to fruitful and stock up with Keelings snack pots for your Trick or Treaters this Halloween. Keelings snack pots include blueberries, baby strawberries, mixed berries, red and green grapes. Keelings berries and snack pots are available in all good retail stores nationwide.
For further information on Keelings, visit www.keelings.ie and check out their Facebook page: facebook.com/keelingsfruits.