The Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards 2016 shortlist features a diverse mix of exceptional writing from new and established writers across fourteen categories, including Novel of the Year, Children’s, Cookery, Crime Fiction, Popular Fiction, Nonfiction, Sports, Short Story and Poetry.
Now in its 11th year, the Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards was founded to celebrate and promote Irish writing to the widest range of readers possible. Each year it brings together a huge community passionate about books – readers, authors, booksellers, publishers and librarians – to recognise and celebrate the very best Irish writing talent.
The annual awards ceremony has become one of the premier events in the Irish literary calendar.
This year, anyone who casts their vote on the www.bgeirishbookawards.ie website, will be in with the chance of winning a €100 voucher from National Book Tokens.
Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards 2016 Shortlist for Avonmore Cookbook of the Year:
- Recipes For A Nervous Breakdown – Sophie White (Gill Books)
- The World of The Happy Pear – Stephen and David Flynn (Penguin Ireland)
- Natural Born Feeder – Roz Purcell (Gill Books)
- The Little Green Spoon – Indy Power (Ebury Press)
- Neven Maguire’s Complete Family Cookbook – Neven Maguire (Gill Books)
- The Brother Hubbard – Garrett Fitzgerald (Gill Books)