Catherine Fulvio & Whirlpool’s Flower Biscuits
This is a great recipe for introducing kids to baking!
Makes about 8 depending on the size of the cutter
Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus resting and decorating time
Cooking: 15 to 17 minutes
- 120g soft butter
- 80g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300g plain flour, sifted
- Flower shaped cutter
- Lolly sticks
- Pink, yellow or blue royal icing tubes
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Ribbon, for bows
- To make the biscuits, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and carefully mix in the flour to form soft biscuit dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to “rest” for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the Whirlpool 6th Sense Oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/gas 4. “ The beauty the Fan cooking in this Whirlpool oven is that you can cook 3 different dishes at once without the flavours mixing – so the kids can bake these biscuits while the dinner is cooking, saving you energy”
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Roll out the dough fairly thickly on a floured surface and use a flower cutter to make shapes.
- Transfer the flowers on to the lined tray, carefully insert a lolly stick in each and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until lightly golden and cooked.
- Allow to cool completely on the parchment before moving them to decorate.
- To decorate, using the icing tube, draw a centre for each flower, pour on the sprinkles and leave to set for an hour.
- To serve, tie bows to the lollysticks.