Italian Pasta Masterclass with Giuseppe Crupi
Join us for our exciting Chef Recipe Series featuring Pinocchio Cookery School’s Director Giuseppe Crupi. In this series of Italian pasta masterclasses, Giuseppe will showcase various different ways on how to make pasta from scratch along with some great pasta dishes.
Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to be the first to watch our series.
In our first masterclass of the series you will learn how to make pasta from scratch. This is a step by step guide to the basics of pasta making.
- 350g semolina flour
- 150g 00 flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the flour in a mound on a smooth work area. Create a well in the centre. Pour the eggs into the well.
- Slowly work the eggs into the flour until it is all incorporated.
- Add a drop of extra virgin olive oil.
- Finish kneading by hand.
- Let it rest for about 1 hour in the fridge wrapped in cling film.
- Divide pasta into small disk and put them through a pasta roller until think, working through all the settings on the machine, from the widest down to the narrowest. (Use the semolina to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands while workin). Roll out as many sheets of pasta as possible.
- Use the tagliatelle shape for the pasta using the machine.
About Pinocchio Cookery School:
Pinocchio Cookery School is the first Italian school of cooking in Dublin. It’s a brand of the Flavour of Italy Group and represents the only body in Ireland with a structure and a stuff specifically focused on teaching and spreading the Italian food and wine culture.
The Flavour of Italy Group includes one Cookery School, one Pinocchio restaurant in Ranelagh and one Pinocchio restaurant in Temple Bar.
The School provides technical and professional training for restaurant staff and catering to and it researches and selects Italian products of excellence to be used in the preparation of the dishes or to be included in the selection for sale.
Our aim is to promote the passion and knowledge of the traditions of the national and regional Italian cuisine through its courses and different initiatives.
“Here at the Italian School of Cooking we truly believe that cooking together is not just a way to provide food but a life-style based on sharing and enjoying the simple pleasures in life. People always have a great time cooking together”.