Learn how to make Blueberry & Coconut Oat Bars with Aileen Cox Blundell from Baby Led Feeding
Each recipe from Baby Led Feeding has been carefully planned to pack in as much goodness in as possible for your baby and family. It is important that from an early age that we feed our children a healthy balanced diet and introduce them to a wide range of colours in fresh fruits and vegetables. Find out more about what Baby Led Feeding is all about here.
- 180g oats
- 140g buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 120g coconut oil
- 2 bananas mashed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 280g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Add the oats, flour, baking powder and 3/4’s of the desiccated coconut to a bowl. Give it a good stir that make a well in the middle and add in the coconut oil, bananas, maple syrup, egg and vanilla. Stir well until it is fully combined and has formed into a dough.
- Line a tin with parchment paper then pour in 3/4’s of the mixture, then press it down with a spoon.
- Make the blueberry compote by adding the blueberries and water to a saucepan. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to low and using a wooden spoon or masher, mash until they have broken apart, then add the chia seeds and give it a good stir.
- Pour the blueberry compote over the oat mixture, then dollop over the remaining mixture in small clumps until it is gone.
- Sprinkle over the remaining desiccated coconut then bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool fully before removing from the oven then slice into small baby bites and serve.