Comforting Apple and Strawberry Crumble – This mouth-watering crumble is naturally sweet and very versatile, as any combination of fruit can be used. It’s also super quick and easy to make and yes, you guessed it, it’s sugar-free! Elsa Jones cookbook ‘Goodbye Sugar’
Apple and Strawberry CrumbleAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 800g cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 200g strawberries, quartered
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds (ideally chopped in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Natural Greek yoghurt or fresh cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the fruit into a baking dish, then add the water and toss with a pinch of salt to bring out some of the natural sweetness in the fruit.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, almonds and cinnamon, then pour in the melted coconut oil and mix well. Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit to cover it entirely.
- Bake the crumble for 30 –35 minutes, until the fruit is tender and bubbling. Serve this not-so-naughty dessert with a dollop of natural Greek yoghurt or fresh cream.