The Asian flavours compliment the meat giving a beautiful delicate flavour. Allow time to bring the meat to room temperature out of the fridge before roasting and time to rest after taking it out of the oven when fully cooked. Adding water to the base of the tray also gives a nice moist lamb meat. Take the lamb out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking. Cooking Time – 45 minutes (per kilo)
Asian Style Roast LambAdd to My Cookbook
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Leg of lamb
- 200ml water, bottom of roasting tray
- 2 tbsp olive oil or veg oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Thumb size piece ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Juice of lime or lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Freshly ground pepper
- Take the lamb out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat a fan oven to 180C.
- Place the leg of lamb on the rack of a large roasting tin.
- Pour 200ml of water in the base of the roasting tin.
- Prepare the marinade and massage it all over the lamb.
- Cook the lamb for 45 minutes per kilo (additional 10-20 minutes for medium to well done).
- When the lamb is cooked, leave to rest for about 15 minutes before serving with roasted potatoes and vegetables.