Try our brussels sprouts gratin with bacon and walnuts are delicious and perfect for the festive season
Brussels Sprouts Gratin With Bacon and WalnutsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the sauce: 1 heaped tbsp butter 1 heaped tbsp plain flour 425ml milk, plus more if needed 50g strong cheddar, grated 1 tsp Dijon mustard 900g brussels sprouts, trimmed 150g bacon lardons 20g walnut halves 6 tbsp white breadcrumbs 4 tbsp grated parmesan Salt & pepper
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and whisk in the flour. Cook over a low heat for three minutes until the flour is cooked and starts to smell like cookies. Gradually whisk in the milk, little by little, until bubbling and thickened. Whisk in the cheese and mustard and set aside.
- Boil the sprouts in a saucepan of salted water for 5 minutes until almost cooked. Set aside to cool slightly then cut in half.
- In a dry pan, fry the bacon lardons until starting to crisp. Stir in the walnuts and fry together until the nuts are toasted and the bacon is crisp.
- Add the sprouts, bacon and nut mixture to a baking dish and pour over the sauce. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper then sprinkle over before baking for 20 minutes in a moderate oven at 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021