This is a simple and delicious meal that’s hearty and packed with flavour. It’s easily doubled and freezes well, so perfect for stowing away in the freezer for another day.
Chicken Broccoli BakeAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.1 /5)
- 10 ratings
- Head of broccoli
- 4 chicken breasts, largely diced
- Olive oil
- Onion salt, garlic salt or plain sea salt
- 1 (295g) tin cream of chicken soup
- 1 (295g) tin cream of mushroom soup
- 100g grated mozzarella and cheddar mix
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 and bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cut broccoli into small and medium sized florets and boil in water for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a medium sized pan on medium high heat, then drizzle pan with olive oil. Add chicken pieces and season with salt. Sauté chicken until pieces are just cooked through and browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Empty cans of soup into a bowl and mix together. Pour soup into a medium sized oven proof dish. Tip chicken and broccoli into dish and toss to coat with soup. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and cheddar mix, then with breadcrumb and parmesan mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden and dish is bubbling around the edges.
- To re-heat leftovers, simply bake in a preheated 190°C/375°F/gas 5 oven for 15 minutes.
- To freeze, assemble dish as directed above, but wrap dish in tinfoil or clingfilm and place straight in the freezer after assembling. Bake from frozen in a preheated 190°C/375°F/gas 5 oven for 25-30 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden and dish is bubbling around the edges.