Chicken Egg Fried Rice. This recipe will be from pan to plate in 20 minutes. Even though it tastes indulgent, it is a healthy and well balanced dinner high in protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. Perfect for all the family. If your kids don’t enjoy spicy foods, dish up their plates before adding in the chilli flakes for the adults to enjoy.
Chicken Egg Fried RiceAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermed..
- (1.8 /5)
- 5 ratings
- 195g brown rice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 60g frozen peas
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- Black pepper
- 1 - 1½ tsp dry chilli flakes, optional
- Cook rice according to package instructions. When rice is about halfway through cooking, heat a large wok on medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil, chicken and salt. Cook the chicken until lightly browned all over.
- Add the chopped peppers, spring onion and frozen peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, drain it then add it to the wok along with the beaten egg. Stir so that everything mixes and the eggs begin to scramble and cook.
- Finally, add the soy sauce and season with black pepper. If serving to kids who don't enjoy spicy food, dish up their plates first, then stir in the chilli flakes to the remaining stir fry.