Chickpea Quinoa Burger – Many veggie burgers are dry and tasteless, but these ones are bursting with flavour.They’re super quick to make, particularly if you use leftover quinoa. I love them paired with chunky guacamole or salsa and a crunchy green salad. Elsa Jones cookbook ‘Goodbye Sugar’
Chickpea Quinoa BurgerAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup (approx. 200g) cooked chickpeas (if tinned, rinse and drain)
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice (I prefer lime)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or paprika
- 1–2 tablespoons flour of your choice, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice for frying
- green salad
- To serve: guacamole or salsa (optional)
- Place all the ingredients except the flour and oil into a food processor and pulse until well combined and fairly smooth.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a chopping board as well as your hands. Scoop up some of the burger mixture and shape into the size of a golf ball, then press gently to make a burger shape. Continue until you have made six equal-sized burgers. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- When ready, heat a large pan over a medium heat and drizzle in the oil. Cook the burgers for about 4 minutes on each side, until light golden brown.
- Serve with a green salad for a tasty and filling lunch or dinner. These also work well paired with guacamole or salsa.