A simple side dish of potatoes and creamy mayonnaise with crunchy gherkins and a hint of spring onion.
Classic Potato SaladAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1kg waxy potatoes, washed
- 150g mayonnaise
- 50g cocktail gherkins, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. May take longer if potatoes are large. Drain the potatoes and leave them to cool. Peel them once cool.
- Cut the potatoes into bite size cubes and put them in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, gherkins, spring onion and about ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Gently mix together with a large spoon. Check for seasoning and add more salt if needed.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving, but best left overnight.
- Garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley and finely sliced greens of a spring onion before serving. Will keep for about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.