Doner KebabAdd to My Cookbook
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 450g lamb mince
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, diced
- olive oil
- For the garlic and chive mayo:
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder or 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- For the pickled red cabbage:
- quarter a large head of red cabbage sliced thinly
- 300ml of white wine vinegar
- 2tbsps of honey
- To serve:
- 4 pitta breads/naan breads
- sweet chilli sauce
- 1 head of little gem lettuce, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4.
- Place the lamb mince in a large bowl and add the cumin, ground coriander, garlic powder, breadcrumbs and diced onion.
- Mix all of this with clean hands until well combined. Line an empty bread tin with heatproof cling film. Pack the mince mixture into this, squashing it in. Place the tin in a deep baking tray filled with water, then put it in the oven to bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the tin (it should hold its shape). Slice off pieces of the meat for your kebab. Heat some oil in a frying pan and place the slices of meat into it to colour and get crispy.
- Make the mayo by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing well and the pickle red cabbage by scrunching all the ingredients together with your hands.
- To make up your kebab, place some of the lamb into a pitta bread and then build it like a burger with sweet chilli sauce, some red cabbage and lettuce, fresh herbs and a dollop of garlic and chive mayo. Find yourself a corner and tuck in. You can also serve this in naan bread by folding over the naan like a taco to hold in the filling.