The perfect party treat with Dr. Oetker
Firework Cookie PopsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 100g lightly salted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 5ml (1tsp) Dr. Oetker Caramel Flavour
- 15ml (1 tbsp) whole milk
- To Decorate:
- Icing sugar to dust
- 225g Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice Ready to Roll White Icing
- 30ml (2 tbsp) clear runny honey
- Dr. Oetker Bright Writing Icing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4). Line 3 baking trays with baking parchment. Put the butter and caster sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Sieve over the flour and stir together to make a mixture that resembles a crumble topping. Add the Caramel Flavour and milk. Using your hands, bring the mixture together to form a firm dough. Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth and pliable.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½ cm (¼ inch). Using an 8cm (3inch) sun shaped or flower shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 shapes, re-rolling the dough as necessary.
- Arrange 4 on each tray. Put a paper (not plastic) cookie pop stick underneath each piece of cookie dough and press down gently to push the dough onto the stick. Prick with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until firm and lightly golden round the edges. Leave to cool on the baking trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, dust the work surface lightly with icing sugar and knead the Regal-Ice until smooth and pliable. Roll out thinly and cut out 12 shapes using the same cookie cutter, re-rolling as necessary.
- Brush the tops of each cookie with honey and stick the Icing shapes neatly on top. Using the tubes of Writing Icing, pipe firework-like patterns on the Regal-Ice and leave for a few minutes for the icing to dry before serving. Your cookie pops are now ready to serve and enjoy!