Fyffes Banana Oat Bars make a great healthy snack or lunchbox filler.
Fyffes Banana Oat BarsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g oats
- 30g raisins
- 30g dried cranberries
- 30g mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/gas 4 and line a square 23cm (9 inch) baking tin with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas until there are no lumps, this can be done in a blender or with a fork, then mix with the vanilla. Combine puréed banana with dry ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly mixed. Using clean hands is the most effective way to make sure all ingredients are blended.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking tin and bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden and beginning to crisp.
- Leave baking pan to cool on a rack, about 10 minutes. Once mostly cooled, remove from pan and peel away parchment paper. Use a sharp knife to cut into about 10 bars.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Will keep for about 5 days.