Oatmeal Savoury Muffins. These savoury muffins are a great alternative to sandwiches in the lunchbox. Not only can your child choose what filling they like but they can also help to make them too. These can be prepared in advance – ideal for busy school mornings!
Oatmeal Savoury MuffinsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermed..
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 80g dry oat flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 1 medium bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 125ml milk
- 1 egg
- 60g (3 slices) ham, roughly chopped
- 30g grated cheddar
- 10g baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, 6 cut in half, 4 cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan assisted / gas 4. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with liners or spray with non stick spray.
- Combine oats, baking powder and salt in a food processor. Blitz until a flour-like consistency. Add the chia seeds and stir to combine. Pour dry blend into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan set over medium heat. Add the peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a jug, whisk together egg and milk then add to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Also add the cooked peppers, ham, cheese, spinach and the tomato quarters. Mix just until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between the wells of the prepared muffin tin. Top each one with a cherry tomato half. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tops begin to brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly on a wire rack. Enjoy while still warm or leave to cool completely.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.