Beautiful Oaty Lemon Squares created by Mary Flahavan for Flahavan’s
Oaty Lemon SquaresAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 150g butter
- 200g plain flour
- 200g brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 150g Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
- 400g (1 can) condensed milk
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixer or food processor.
- Add the flour and oats and mix to form a dough; the texture will be crumbly.
- Line a 13” x 9” (32cm x 22cm) baking tray with parchment and firmly press out about 2/3 of the dough in the base of the tray.
- In a separate bowl combine the juice and zest of the lemons with the condensed milk.
- Spread the condensed milk and lemon mixture on top of the dough in the baking tray.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top and press lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4 for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 150°C / 300°F / Gas mark 2 and bake for a further 20 minutes until golden in colour.
- Allow to cool and cut into small squares.