Oaty Shortbread Biscuits – created by Mary Flahavan for Flahavan’s
Oaty Shortbread BiscuitsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (3.5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 275g Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- 100g plain flour
- 150g castor sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Blend the oats in a food processor until they are quite fine. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to a thickness of about 5mm (¼ in).
- Cut into shapes with biscuit cutters and place on baking trays (no need to grease or line).
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden in colour and slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- These will keep for several days in an airtight container and they freeze well too.