This gluten free cake can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Orange polenta cakeAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Butter, for greasing
- 2 large oranges
- 6 eggs
- 150g polenta
- 150g ground almonds
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
For the drizzle:
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Grand Marnier
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Grease and line a 23cm round spring form cake tin. Put the whole oranges in a large pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour, until soft. Remove, cool, halve and remove the pips.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Whizz the oranges to a puree in a food processor. Beat in the eggs, polenta, almonds and sugar.
- Pour into the tin and sprinkle with the demerara sugar. Bake for 1 hour, until the cake is risen and golden.
- For the drizzle, dissolve the sugar in 100ml hot water in a ban. Boil for 5 minutes without colouring. Remove from the heat and cool briefly before adding the Grand Marnier and zest.
- Cool the cake in the tin, then turn out and drizzle with the syrup.