Quick Chocolate Mousse Pots – What’s better than a lovely pot of chocolate mousse? A pot of chocolate mousse that takes no more than fifteen minutes to make! So simple, this luscious dessert can be whipped up in no time, perfect for when you’re planning a special meal.
Quick Chocolate Mousse PotsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, broken up
- 100g good quality milk chocolate, broken up
- 120g shortcake biscuits
- 200ml fresh cream, chilled
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- Fresh raspberries
- Place chocolate into a medium sized heat proof bowl and set the bowl over a pot of simmering water to melt the chocolate. Stir occasionally until chocolate is completely smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Alternatively, place the chocolate in a medium sized heat proof bowl and melt in the microwave in 20-30 second bursts on a medium setting, stirring in between to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn, until it's completely smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place biscuits in a strong freezer bag and use a rolling pin to roughly crush them.
- Spoon the crushed biscuits into the bottom of 4 small jam jars or serving bowls. Set aside.
- Combine cream with icing sugar and vanilla and whip just until the cream starts to hold its shape.
- Pour in the chocolate and fold through using a spatula or metal spoon until completely combined.
- Spoon or pipe the cream mixture into the jam jars or bowls.
- Cover each pot with clingfilm and chill for 20-30 minutes, then to finish off, top each with a tablespoon of crème fraîche and a few raspberries.
- Can be made up to 2 days ahead. Simply cover with clingfilm and refrigerate. Remove from fridge 20-30 minutes before serving then finish off each with a tablespoon of crème fraîche and a few raspberries.
Thu, 04 Mar 2021
Wed, 24 Feb 2021
Thu, 18 Feb 2021
Thu, 11 Feb 2021
Tue, 09 Feb 2021