Roasting the vegetables for this soup intensifies their flavour, adding a sweet, smoky note to the finished dish.
Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato SoupAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 red peppers halved and deseeded
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 5 tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic (unpeeled)
- 400ml chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Arrange the halved peppers, unpeeled onion, whole tomatoes and unpeeled garlic cloves in an oven-proof dish or baking tray (cut-side down).
- Cook for 30 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15minutess. Peel and discard the skin from everything. Then whiz the ingredients adding 200ml of chicken in a food processor or you can use a handheld blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the soup to a pan and add the remaining stock along with tomato puree and ketchup. Bring it to the boil and garnish with parsley.