An essential component of any afternoon tea, our scone recipe is foolproof.
SconesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 500g plain white flour
- 80g butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250ml milk
- 50g dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 beaten egg and milk for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Lightly grease a baking and line with greaseproof paper.
- Place the flour in bowl rub in the butter with your fingers to create a fine breadcrumb-like mixture. Then add in the sugar and the baking power.
- Make a well in the centre and add in eggs and mix well.
- Add half of the quantity of milk and mix gently to combine all the ingredients.
- Mix into a ball and then, onto a lightly floured surface, tip the dough out. Roll and mix it over a few times. Sprinkle a little flour over each time.
- Then using the top of a glass cut the dough into little shapes.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for 18 minutes.
- Cool and serve with jam and clotted cream.