Our slow cooker ribs are really tender and are great to prepare ahead of BBQ’s. You can finish them off on the BBQ to get that smokey flavour.
Slow Cooker BBQ RibsAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 6 meaty pork belly ribs
- 350g BBQ sauce
- 2 stock cubes (either pork or chicken)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- Put 4 tbsp of the BBQ sauce along with the stock cubes, herbs and spices into the slow cooker. Arrange the ribs in a single layer in the slow cooker then pour in just enough water in to cover them, about 1l.
- Set slow cooker to low heat setting and cook for 8 hours.
- Heat the oven to 200C fan/ gas mark 7.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker using tongs and arrange on a foil-lined baking tray. Spoon the remaining BBQ sauce over the ribs. Cook for 20 – 30 minutes until sauce begins to bubble and just starts to char. Alternatively, cook on the barbecue.
- Serve with a red cabbage slaw.