Our slow cooker chicken casserole is the perfect family meal. Slow cooking is great when you are preparing meals in advance. They take the stress out of meal time and allow you to enjoy family meal time. You can swap the white wine for some extra stock if you prefer not to include it. Cook at on high for 4-6 hours.
Slow Cooker Chicken CasseroleAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 Tbsp oil (rapeseed, camelina, sunflower)
- 6 chicken thighs, bone and skin removed
- 6 smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 200g shallots
- 350g baby new potatoes
- Thyme sprigs
- 200ml white wine
- 500ml chicken stock
- Garnish: Flat leaf parsley
- In a large frying pan add half of the oil and brown the chicken thighs for approx 8 mins until they are nice and golden. Remove the chicken and set aside. Alternatively if you slow cooker that has a searing function, you can brown the chicken in this.
- Next add the bacon and shallots to the frying pan and gently brown.
- Add everything to the slow cooker and cook on a high setting for 6 hours.
- Divide into bowls, garnish with some flat leaf parsley and serve.